Meet Duval County Medical Society, StarChapter of The Month
Know your prospects and members and effectively communicate their needs. How many times did you read this advice from experts? Meet Duval County Medical Society, the local Floridian medical society that learned how to successfully know their members is now The StarChapter of The Month. We spoke with the Dr. Mobeen H. Rathore, Duval County Medical Society’s Immediate Past President to learn more about their success story.
1. What was Duval County Medical Society’s strategy for engaging new members in 2014?
We wanted to be sure that we are meeting the professional needs of physicians in Duval County. We want to impress upon them the importance of organized medicine. We strongly believe that ongoing communication is the key to successful and effective activity.
2. Can you tell me about a successful event/meeting that you organized in the past year?
Last year we organized The Annual Meeting, which was a great success with record attendance and record exhibitors.
3. Duval County Medical Society grew in the last few months. Can you share some secrets of running such a successful chapter?
Our board engaged the physicians in Duval County by first understanding what they need and then responding to their needs in a timely and effective manner. The board also put in place several governance changes that were very valuable.
4. Was your board inspired by other associations or chapters?
We have a very engaged and motivated board and that is what made us successful.
5. Do you have any time-saving tips to share with other board members?
Find out what is important to you and organize your time to volunteer to help with that. Allow the leaders in your board to know what is important to you and offer your perspective, input and help if needed. Be proactive not reactive.
6. What is in stored for Duval County Medical Society members in 2015?
Our members should expect bigger and better things. The society is fiscally strong and membership is increasing. We are in a position to create additional programs that will be valuable to our members.
7. How did StarChapter help you run the chapter and reach your goals?
StarChapter helped a LOT with linking our content to social media channels and attracting our member physicians and prospects.